…..And don’t concern yourself with whether or not you “write.” Don’t leave writing to writers. Don’t delegate your area of interest and knowledge to people with stronger rhetorical resources. You’ll find your voice as you make your way. There is, however, one thing to learn from writers that non-writers don’t always understand. Most writers don’t write to express what they think. They write to figure out what they think. Writing is a process of discovery. Blogging is an essential tool toward meditating over an extended period of time on a subject you consider to be important.Marc Weidenbaum
I have yet to find a notebook I don’t want to buy. The thought process is always the same, I’ll just look. I like the size or the paper quality is better than the one I’m using. I might not find again….The truth is that I have more notebooks than I really need. It’s just like shoes for some women… just cringed at the sexism of my comment right there.
I just turned 45 and one of the upsides of it is that I am starting to know what works for me. I searched for THE perfect notebook/agenda but there’s no such thing. I am very difficult about the quality of paper, I like my paper smooth and fountain pen friendly. Right now I have multiple notebooks/calendars in my life.
- Calendar : I use it to plan my weeks/days. I’ve tried many many brands and this one works perfectly for me. Small and slim with a weekly view. I love it! That’s where i plan, make daily list, cross them off and get a high from it. Find pleasures where you can
- A master to do list/Home/Brain Dump notebook. I keep a running list of everything I think of, goals, tasks, projects around the house. I keep it separate because I look to look at while I map out my week on my calendar.
- A craft tracker. I knit, cross stitch and make quilts. I keep a running list of my projects on here. Shopping lists, references to the supplies i used, Ideas for my next projects..
- A 5 year diary. I started on my birthday and I’m about to celebrate our month anniversary, let’s see if this one sticks around
- A Logbook. I’ve tried diaries it works for a week and then..So I’ve been keeping a log book. It’s a calendar for past events.
- My diary. Did I say it never worked …yes but I am willing to give it another try. I only write here long forms when I feel like it. I sometime collage quotes, images or I doodle. Lots more freedom might make me enjoy it.